CT scan department at Poona Hospital & Research Center is well equipped with an ultramodern CT scanner. The department provides accurate CT scan reports by our skilled and experienced team of radiologists. It offers services 24 X 7.
The department has the following imaging modality:
- Computed Tomography Scan (CT scan): The department is equipped with a state-of-the-art VCT 64 CT scanner. The advanced machine allows for performing a wide variety of CT scan procedures with a high degree of diagnostic accuracy.
- Brain (Plain)-CT scanning combines special x-ray equipment with sophisticated computers to produce multiple sliced images of organs.
- Joints (Plain)- A computed tomography (CT) scan of the joints is an imaging method that uses x-rays to create detailed pictures of the Bone Joints.
- Abdomen- A non-invasive painless radiological test to evaluate many disorders of the abdomen.
- Angiography- The coronary angiography is a painless procedure that takes about 10 minutes it is usually done to check blood vessels. The process is similar to taking an x-ray.
- Pulmonary- Clinical indications for CT pulmonary angiography have and continue to evolve based on research and new imaging.
- CT Myelography- Myelography uses a real-time X-ray called fluoroscopy and an injection of contrast material to evaluate the spinal cord.
- CT Maxilla- The jaw comprises two bony structures: the mandible and the maxilla. Their curved configuration makes the imaging procedure seemingly difficult.
- CT Mandible- The mandible is the lower jaw. The maxilla is the upper jaw. CT scans use X-ray technology and advanced computer analysis to create detailed pictures of the body. A CT of the mandible/maxilla can help a physician assess any injury, infection, or other abnormalities.
- Neck- CT of the neck is a study of the neck region from the skull base to the lung apices and spine airway.
- Orbit CT scan- A computed tomography (CT) scan of the orbit is an imaging method that uses x-rays to create detailed pictures of eye sockets also known as orbits.
- Thorax (Chest)- CT scanning sometimes also known as CAT scanning is a non-invasive medical process that helps physicians diagnose and treat medical conditions.
- 3D CT Scan- 3D CT is an imaging technique that uses X-ray equipment to obtain cross-sectional images of the body. CT image has different pixel densities.