Physiotherapy helps restore your movement and function when you are affected by injury, illness or disability. It uses movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice that's tailored to your individual needs to promote, maintain and restore your physical health.
The department of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation at Poona Hospital & Research Centre is equipped with the latest aids and machinery to assist the Physiotherapists in providing quality care to patients. Trained physiotherapists are available round the clock for patients admitted in critical care units.
The physiotherapists at Poona Hospital & Research Centre, provide a full range of inpatient and outpatient services for adults and children. They work closely with patients and other healthcare professionals such as occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, social workers, nurses, doctors and care-takers.. They provide specialist services to a range of clinical areas, including: medical, surgical and orthopaedic wards, Critical Care, Neurology, Neurosurgery, etc.
The array of treatments include:
- rehabilitation to ensure patients have the best possible level of independence and movement
- respiratory care for patients in critical care after surgery or who have a long-term respiratory disease
- reducing pain and improving patients’ range of movement in their joints
- empowering patients to self-manage long term conditions such as persistent pain
Acute or long-term disorders effectively treated, including:
- back pain and sciatica
- neck pain and headaches
- recent soft tissue injuries
- persistent muscular pain
- joint problems and arthritis
- knee and shoulder pain
- post -surgical rehabilitation
- sports related injuries