The Poona Hospital & Research Centre was amongst the awardees of the ’Lokmat Dhanwantari Puraskar’
in a function organized by the Lokmat Grup on 20th February 2021 in acknowledgment of the enthusiastic work of frontline doctors and staff of hospitals during the covid pandemic.YEARLY CRICKET TOURNAMENT-
Because of the pandemic this year, the foundation day activities could not be celebrated with the usual fan fare on the 8th March. However, following safety guidlines we only had cricket matches in which consultant doctors,resident,technicians,admin staff,housekeeing staff etc. participated. The team of technicians won the tournament once again for the second year.
- Blood Donations Camps: A total of 9 Blood Donation Camps were arranged during the period between December 2020 & February 2021 in the city. A total of 608 people donated blood during these camps.
PUBLICATIONS IN INDEXED AND PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS-
CME’S, LECTURES & TRAINING PROGRAMMES –
- Original article titled "Volume of resected stomach after labproscopic sleeve gastrectomy and its correlation with initial body mass index and weight loss" is published in Saudi Surgical Journal 2020;8(1):39-43 authored by Dr.Kshitij Kirane, Dr.Deepak Phalgune, Dr.Shashank Shah.
- Original article titled "Efficacy of Percutaneous Renal Revascularization in Resistant Hypertension Patients" is published in Journal of Indian College of Cardiology. 2020; -10(4):181-86 authored by Dr.Bhushan Bari, Dr.Deepak Phalgune, Dr. Suhas Hardas.
- Original article titled "N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels in patients presenting witht acute breathlessness in emergency department" is publised in Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research (JCDR). 2020; 14(12):OC10-OC13 authored by Dr.Arun Bahulikar, Dr. Sunil Patel, Dr. Deepak Phalgune.
- Original article titled "Diagnosing Storke in Acute Vertigo: Sensitivity and Specificity of HINTS Battery in Indian Population" is published in the journal Neurology Indian. 2021;16(1):97-101 authored by Dr.Dushyant Sankalia, Dr. Sudhir Kothari, Dr. Deepak Phalgune.
- Dept. of General Medicine, PHRC organized the following CME programmes.
- ’Major Histocompatibility Complex’ & ’Complement System’ on 23rd December 2020.
- ’Tumor Markers’, ’Hodgkin’s Lymphoma’ & ’Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma’ on 19th January 2021.
- ’Coagulation Disorders’ on 09th February 2021.
Poona Hospital’s Senior Neurosurgeon
, Dr Sushil Patkar
pioneered a new technique in spinal surgery that greatly reduces risk. This technique has been appreciated & accepted, nationaly and internationaly.http://marathi.eenaduindia.com/Pune/PuneCity/2015/10/15204915/Spine-surgery-now-became-easy.vpfYoutube Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P340vCnzqSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player