INAUGURATION : DEPARTMENT OF AYURVEDA-
Poona Hospital & Research Centre has recently inaugurated its Department of Ayurveda on the occasion of Gudhi Padwa on 06th April2019. The Department aims to offer finest Ayurvedic treatments & consultation with renowned Ayurveda consultants.
The multispeciality OPD has been started in the Ayurveda Department for the following specialities.
- Muskulo-Skeletal Disorders
- Digestive Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
On the occasion of inauguration, a public awareness lecture on "उन्हाळ्यात आयुर्वेदा चा विसावा
" was organized on 7th April 2019
. Dr. Prayag Sethiya & Dr. Sachin Kadlag
gave guidance to the audience.
CME’S, LECTURES & TRAINING PROGRAMMES –
- Blood Donations Camps: A total of 9 Blood Donation Camps were arranged during the period between February 2019 & April 2019 at various places like Kondhwa, Erandwane,Baner,Wakadewadi etc. A total of 444 people donated blood during these camps.
- A Free Health Checkup & Pain Relief Camp: The department of Ayurveda organized a free health checkup camp on 25th & 26th April 2019. Total 68 patients benefited with free health checkup & consultation on long term joint pain, back pain, knee pain, ankle pain, muscle pain etc. Additional investigations & treatment was available at concessional rates.
- A Free Audiometry Screening Camp was organized on 24th & 26th May 2019. Pure Tone Audiometry was done free of cost for all the registered patients.
- Ongoing Free Cataract Screening Camp for patients above 50 years: Free screening is being done on every Monday & Thursday between 2 pm & 4 pm. Cataract Surgery, if required, will be done at Rs.500/- and preoperative investigations will be done at concessional rates.
- Dr. Sanjay Gandhi, arranged a CMEon ’Evolving Role of Prandial Insulin’ on 26th Febaryary 2019.
- Dr. B. B. Harshe, organized an Awareness Program of Resident Doctors on ’How to manage hyperglycaemia in the critically illhospitalized patients’ on 27th February 2019.
- Dr. Kedar Patil, arranged a Support Group Meeting for the patients of Obesity on 10th March 2019.
- A 3 day Certificate Course of ’Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support & Basic Life Support’ was organized, comprising of lectures, presentations & examinations between 14th & 16th March 2019. 15 candidates participated in this course.
- Dr. Sudhir Kothari, arranged a CME on ’Life & Death in ICU’ on 05th May 2019.
- Indiabulls Pharma Ltd., organized a Live Webcast on ’Managing Sepsis-Expert Way’ on 11th May 2019.
- Dr. Nitin Abhyankar, organized a talk on ’Recent Guidelines & Evidences in Management of Pneumococcal Pneumonia’ on 17th May 2019.
- Department of Medicine, Poona Hospital & Research centre organized the following CME programmes.
- ‘Liver Transplant & Artifical Liver Support Systems’ on 12th March 2019.
- ‘Mitochondrial Disorders, ITP, TTP & HUS’ on 09th April 2019.
- ‘Antiepileptic Drugs & Management of Epilepsy’ on 14th May 2019.
Poona Hospital’s Senior Neurosurgeon
, Dr Sushil Patkar
pioneered a new technique in spinal surgery that greatly reduces risk. This technique has been appreciated & accepted, nationaly and internationaly.http://marathi.eenaduindia.com/Pune/PuneCity/2015/10/15204915/Spine-surgery-now-became-easy.vpfYoutube Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P340vCnzqSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player