A Free Eye Checkup Camps
Dr. N. Jagannatham has been awarded Dr. SAM G.P. MOSES Gold Medal for DNB (General Medicine) for the June 2015 session at 19th convocation ceremony of NBE at New Delhi on 24th September 2018. This Medal is awarded to one candidate all over India for every academic session & this is third gold medal won by a student of Poona Hospital.
Dr. Prasad Chavan has cleared his post MBBS certificate course in Critical Care Medicine in May 2018.
for the patients above age of 40 years was arranged from 04th to 07th June 2018. Free consultation & screening was provided. Pre-operative investigations & surgeries like cataract, squint, pterygium, ptosis etc. was available at nominal rates during this camp. Total 122 people registed.A Shoulder & Knee Checkup Camp
was arranged on 1st July 2018. Consultation & Bone Mineral Density Test was done free of charge. Required investigations were available at discounted rate. A special package was availed for Total Knee Replacement Surgeries. A total of 61 patients participated.Rakesh Jain Memorial Blood Bank, PHRC & Shree Jin Kushal Seva Mandal
jointly organized the annual Blood Donation Camp in the memory of Late Shri Rakesh D. Jain in Poona Hospital & Research Centre on 15th July 2018 to mark the occation of his 12th Death Anniversary. Dr Vinod Shah inaugurated the camp. A total of 108 people donated blood.Blood Donation Camp
: A total of 11 Blood Donation Camps were arranged during the period of May & July 2018 at various places like Satara Road, Baner, Khadki, Deccan etc. A total of 701 people donated blood during these camps.
Ongoing Free Cataract Screening Camp
for patients above 50 years : Free Screening is being done on every Monday & Thursday between 2 pm & 4 pm. Cataract Surgery, if required, will be done at Rs. 500/- and preoperative investigations will be done at concessional rates.CME’S, WORKSHOPS & TRAINING PROGRAMMES –
- Warje Doctors Association, organized a CME on ’Recent Trends in Management of Join Pain’ on 27th June 2018.
- Cipla Pharmaceuticals, arranged a Scientific Program ’Save The Limbs’ & Live Workshop on ’Diabetic Foot’ on 1st July 2018.
- Shivane Uttamnagar Doctors Association, organized a CME on ’Management of Stroke & Basics of ECG’ on 11th July 2018.
- Pune Orthopedic Society, organized an ’Instructional Course in Hand Surgery’ between 20th & 22nd July 2018.
- Pune Psychiatrists Society, organized a stage show on Doctor - Patient Relations ’Jara Samjun Ghya’ on 04th August 2018.
- A 3 day Certificate Course of ’Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support & Basic Life Support’ was organized, comprising of lectures, presentations & examinations between 9th & 11th August 2018. 15 candidate participated in this course.
- Kothrud Doctors Association, organized a CME on ’Obstetric Challenges’, ’Respiratory Sounds & Dengue’ on 12th August 2018.
- Dr. Kedar Patil & Indian Dietetic Association, Pune Branch, jointly organized ’NUTRICON 2018’, a one day conference on ’Update on Excercise & Nutrition’ on 2nd September 2018.
- Department of Medicine, Poona Hospital & Research centre organized the following CME programmes.
- ‘Electrocardiography’ on 12th June 2018.
- ‘Inflammatory Bowel Disease’ on 10th July 2018.
- ‘Hormonal & Radiation Therapy in Cancer’ on 14th August 2018.
Poona Hospital’s Senior Neurosurgeon
, Dr Sushil Patkar
pioneered a new technique in spinal surgery that greatly reduces risk. This technique has been appreciated & accepted, nationaly and internationaly.http://marathi.eenaduindia.com/Pune/PuneCity/2015/10/15204915/Spine-surgery-now-became-easy.vpfYoutube Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P340vCnzqSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player