Blood Donation Camps
Dr. Sunilkumar Vankadara, for passing DNB General Medicine.
Dr. KSM Manikanth, for passing DNB General Surgery.
Dr. Lalit Rawal, for being elected as President of Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Pune Branch for the year 2017.
Another feather in the cap for Poona Hospital
- More than 5000 Cleft Lip & Palate surgeries carried out since going into collaboration with ’Smile Trian’ in 2002. A Function to celebrate the occasion was held on 01st December 2016. Ms Susannah Schaefer, CEO -Smile Train, along with other several dignitaries attended the event.
INSTITUTE OF NURSING EDUCATION - LAMP LIGHTING & GRADUATION CEREMONY
- A solemn fuction for the Lamp Lighting Ceremony of the 19th Batch of students of Poona Hospital’s ’Institute of Nursing Education’ and the Graduation Ceremony of the 16th batch was held on 08th February 2017. Prizes and certificates were given to the student.
FOUNDATION DAY CELEBRATIONS
- On 8th March 2017, Poona Hospital completed 32nd year of existence in the medical services. Like every year the festivity began a week in advance with the series of Tournaments, Matches, Antakshari competition & various fun games with the enthusiastic participation by staff members.
- On the evening of Foundation Day a variety entertainmnet programme showcased the in-house talent in signing, dancing & acting skills followed by a Live Orchestra.
- Staff Members who performed very well in the previous year were awarded in various categories. The wardees were Mrs Vaishali Phansalkar, Mr Sanal Kumar C.M, Ms Archana Yadav, Ms Suvarna Salunke, Mr Maruti Kandhare & Mr Brijesh Karosiya. The most prominent award which is trophy for the best department was awarded to the Plumbing Maintainance Department. The event cluminated with a sumptuous dinner.
:A total of 8 Blood Donation Camps were arranged during the period between November 2016 & January 2017
at various places like Chakan, Pimpri, Baner, Ganeshkhind etc. A total of 656 people donated blood during these camps.
A Free Diabetes Check-up Camp
was organized for the members of ’Auto Rickshaw Drivers Association’ to support the ’ Road Safety Campaign’ run by RTO, Pune on 21st January 2017.A Free Eye Checkup Camp
was arranged from 02nd to 4th February 2017. Free eye checkup & consultation was provided.Pre-operative investigations & surgeries like cataract, squint, pterygium, ptosis etc. was available at nominal rates during this camp. Total 80 people registered & Benefited.CME’S, WORKSHOPS & TRAINING PROGRAMMES –
- A 3 day Certificate Course of ’Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support & Basic Life Support’ was organized in joint collaboration with Symboisis Institute of Health Sciences, comprising of lectures, presentations & examinations between 19th & 21st December 2016.
- Diabetic Association of India, Pune Branch, organized a CME on ’Eat Healthy, Live Healthy’ on 12th February 2017.
- Department of Cardiology, Gen. Medicine, Neurology & Endocrinology, Poona Hospital jointly arranged a Symposium on ’ Practice Changing Updates 2016-2017’ on 5th March 2017.
- Department of Medicine, Poona Hospital & Research centre organized the following CME programmes.
- ‘Interstitial Lung Disease’ on 13th December 2016.
- ‘Bio-Terrorism & Rabies’ on 10th January 2017.
- ‘Electrolytes Disturbances- Sodium & Potasiuum’ on 14th February 2017.
Poona Hospital’s Senior Neurosurgeon
, Dr Sushil Patkar
pioneered a new technique in spinal surgery that greatly reduces risk. This technique has been appreciated & accepted, nationaly and internationaly.http://marathi.eenaduindia.com/Pune/PuneCity/2015/10/15204915/Spine-surgery-now-became-easy.vpfYoutube Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P340vCnzqSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player