The Department of Endoscopy has a full complement of high-end equipment. An expert team of doctors and well-trained nurses ensure prompt services, and provide a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as follows:
1) GI Endoscopy: Poona Hospital offers various diagnostic procedures like:
& several therapeutic procedures like:
- Variceal Banding
- Stricture Dilation
2) EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound): Poona Hospital has the latest state-of-the-art endoscopic ultrasound system with superior image quality. EUS helps in various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures like:
- Hepatobiliary- Pancreatic
- Submucosal tumours
- Draining of pancreatic pseudocysts
- Advanced procedures for biliary drainage
3) Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS):
Poona Hospital is the only hospital in Maharashtra (except Mumbai) that has EBUS. The procedure is used to sample and diagnose mediastinal nodes around the bronchial tree in:
Also useful in mediastinal staging of documented lung malignancies, thus enabling the treating consultant to avoid surgical interventions in some patients.
4) Thoracoscopy: In thoracoscopy, a rigid telescope Is inserted through a small incision in the chest wall to visually inspect the lungs, mediastinum, and pleura.
- To obtain tissue biopsies or fluid samples from pleura, or mediastinum in order to diagnose infections cancer, and other diseases.
- To obtain a tissue sample (biopsy) for further evaluation and to diagonise inflammation, infection, fibrosis and Cancer.
The Poona Hospital Team has the largest database on thoracoscopic lung biopsies for idiopathic interstitial pneumonias in India. (110 cases over 15 years)
5) Bronchoscopy: Rigid and flexible bronchoscopies are performed routinely by an expert team of doctors.