The Department of Endoscopy has a full complement of high-end equipment. An expert team of doctors and well-trained nurses ensure prompt services, and provide a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as follows:
1) GI Endoscopy: Poona Hospital & Research Center offers various diagnostic procedures like:
& several therapeutic procedures like:
- Variceal Banding
- Stricture Dilation
2) EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound): Poona Hospital & Research Center has the latest state-of-the-art endoscopic ultrasound system with superior image quality. EUS helps in various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures like:
- Hepatobiliary- Pancreatic
- Submucosal tumours
- Draining of pancreatic pseudocysts
- Advanced procedures for biliary drainage
3) Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS):
Poona Hospital & Research Center is the only hospital in Maharashtra (except Mumbai) that has EBUS. The modality is used to sample and diagnose mediastinal nodes around the bronchial tree in:
Also useful in mediastinal staging of documented lung malignancies, thus enabling the treating consultant to avoid surgical interventions in some patients.
4) Thoracoscopy: In thoracoscopy, a rigid telescope Is inserted through a small incision in the chest wall to visually inspect the lungs, mediastinum, and pleura.
- To obtain tissue biopsies or fluid samples from pleura, or mediastinum in order to diagnose infections cancer, and other diseases.
- To obtain a tissue sample (biopsy) for further evaluation and to diagonise inflammation, infection, fibrosis and Cancer.
The Poona Hospital & Research Center Team has the largest database on thoracoscopic lung biopsies for idiopathic interstitial pneumonias in India. (110 cases over 15 years)
5) Bronchoscopy: Rigid and flexible bronchoscopies are performed routinely by an expert team of doctors.